Workplace Operations at Alert Level 1
All business can operate at Alert Level 1.
Here are the golden rules for businesses at Alert Level 1.
At Alert Level 1 everyone can return without restriction to work, school, sports and domestic travel, and you can get together with as many people as you want.
It's still important to keep basic hygiene measures, including washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
We should all continue to keep track of where we’ve been and who we’ve seen to assist with rapid contact tracing if it is required.
Businesses should help customers to keep track of where they’ve been by displaying the NZ COVID Tracer QR code poster.
Find out how to get your NZ COVID Tracer code poster.
The Golden Rules for Alert Level 1
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.